Skip to main content

Atletico Furious Over Barca's Griezmann Chase, Issues Official Statement.


Atletico released a club statement on Friday evening detailing their position.

"Regarding FC Barcelona president Josep María Bartomeu's statements on our player Antoine Griezmann.
Following today’s quotes from FC Barcelona president Josep María Bartomeu on our player Antoine Griezmann, Atlético de Madrid wishes to publicly declare that:"

"On May 14, Antoine Griezmann informed Miguel Ángel Gil, Diego Pablo Simeone and Andrea Berta of his decision to leave our club at the end of the season. In the days that followed that meeting, Atlético de Madrid learned that FC Barcelona and the player had reached an agreement in March, specifically in the days following the return match of our Champions League tie against Juventus, and that they had been negotiating the terms of the agreement since mid-February."

"Regarding president Bartomeu's statement today we wish to state that it is true that yesterday there was a meeting between Miguel Ángel Gil and FC Barcelona CEO Oscar Grau, at Barcelona's request and that at that meeting, Mr Grau expressed his intention, once the release clause of Antoine Griezmann's contract had decreased from 200 to 120 million euros, to ask for a deferred payment of the aforementioned amount of the clause in force as from July 1."

"Atlético de Madrid’s response was obviously negative, as we believe that FC Barcelona and the player have disrespected Atlético de Madrid and all its fans."

"As a consequence, today, Atletico de Madrid has instructed the player, his sister and agent and his lawyer, that Antoine Griezmann, in compliance with his contractual obligations with our club, must appear next Sunday in the club’s facilities in order to start the pre-season with the rest of his teammates."

"Through this statement, Atletico de Madrid wishes to express its strongest disapproval of the behaviour of both, especially FC Barcelona, for prompting the player to break his contractual relationship with Atletico de Madrid at a time of the season when the club was involved in the Champions League tie against Juventus, as well as the league title race against FC Barcelona, something that we believe violates the protected periods of negotiation with players and alters the basic rules of integrity in any sporting competition, as well as causing enormous damage to our club and its millions of fans."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#ASUUSTRIKE: ASUU Consultation Update.

The Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities - Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi has said that the striking Universities lecturers will call off the strike as soon as the Federal Government meets its demand.

The Federal Government has proposed what they want to do so we will respond after consultation today, Tuesday 15th January 2019.

"ASUU is now getting back to the government with a new minimum, we have bent backwards in the interest of our students and the Nigerian society”.

On Universities pulling out of the strike, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi says:

“There are some of our branches that have disagreements, majority of our branches are intact. Some of our people said they will not participate because they had issues with the union.

So those ones are free to exercise their rights and very soon ASUU will return to the same fold. We are convinced that victory is certain in this ongoing struggle because it’s in the interest of the universities and the Nigerian nation", he said.

#ASUUSTRIKE: Post Consultation Update - ASUU

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has stated on Tuesday, January 15, that after a consultation with the union, the strike will be called off as soon as the Federal Government responds to their demands.

The information was updated on the official ASUU Twitter account, saying the National President of the union - Professor Abiodun Ogunyemi has said that ASUU will call off the strike as soon as the Federal Government responds to their demands.

Professor Ogunyemi said, “the Federal Government has proposed what they want to do, so we will respond after consultation today”.


President Buhari Announce Abubakar Adamu As New IGP.

President Muhammadu Buhari has unveiled the successor to Ibrahim Kpotun Idris as Inspector General of Police(IGP) as new AIG Mohammed Abubakar Adamu. He has been appointed in acting capacity.

President Buhari formally decorated the new acting IG at a ceremony at the Aso Rock Villa today.

The president was assisted by the former police boss, Idris, who officially retired today at the age of sixty.

Idris, who was appointed in June 2016, thanked Buhari for giving him the opportunity to serve under his administration as Inspector General of Police.

He also thanked all Nigerians for the cooperation and support they accorded him and the entire personnel of the Force during his tenure.

He enjoined them to extend the same support to Abubakar Adamu.

AIG Abubakar Adamu hails from Lafia, Nasarawa State and holds a BSc in Geography.

He enlisted into the Force on 1 February, 1986 as a Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police

Before his appointment as the Acting Inspector General of Police, he was…